Registration in Russia for ALL fans coming to the World Cup
If you are coming to Russia for the World Cup, you need to register, that is – say you are here – to the local administration wherever you happen to be. Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kazan, wherever. Good news number one: your hotel will take care of it. But you are airn’being it, or somehow staying with friends, you do need to actually register yourself at your local ‘MFA’ centre. Question — what is a ‘MFA’ centre? Watch this site for a full list of MFA centres in all of the World Cup Cities.
Good news number 2, is that you have 3 days to do this not 1, thanks to amendments introduced into the law by President Putin. If you are a foreigner who lives here, you still need to register.
For all you legal geeks out there, the full text of Putin’s amendments are below, and don’t worry, there will be hundreds of other people doing the same thing, the Russians want people to come and have a good time, and certainly don’t want this to be a major hassle.
Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of May 12, 2018 N 214 “On Amendments to the Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of May 9, 2017 N 202” On the features of the use of enhanced security measures during the holding in the Russian Federation of the FIFA 2018 FIFA World Cup and the FIFA Confederations Cup 2017 “
12 May 2018
DECREE OF THE PRESIDENT OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION
ON MODIFICATIONS IN THE DECREE OF THE PRESIDENT OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION FROM MAY 9, 2017 G. 202 ‘ON THE PECULIARITIES OF APPLICATION ENHANCED SAFETY MEASURES IN THE PERIOD OF CARRYING OUT IN THE RUSSIAN FIFA WORLD FOOTBALL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS OF 2018 AND CUP CONFEDERATIONS OF FIFA 2017’
- Introduce in item 4 of the Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of May 9, 2017 No. 202 “On the Specifics of the Application of Enhanced Security Measures during the FIFA World Cup 2018 in the Russian Federation and the FIFA Confederations Cup 2017” (Collected Legislation of the Russian Federation , 2017, No. 20, Article 2900, N 22, Article 3128) the following changes:
- a) the subparagraph “a” shall be reworded as follows:
“a) citizens of the Russian Federation who have arrived for temporary residence in residential premises that are not their place of residence (with the exception of the cases stipulated by parts two to four of Article 5 of the Law of the Russian Federation of June 25, 1993 No. 5242-1″ On the Right of Citizens of the Russian Federation Federation for freedom of movement, choice of place of residence and residence within the Russian Federation “), or having changed their place of residence (except for cases of moving to a new place of residence within the same subject of the Russian Federation), no later than three daysafter the date of arrival to the place of stay or to a new place of residence are obliged to apply to the persons responsible for receiving and transferring to the registration authorities documents for registration and removal from the register of citizens of the Russian Federation at the place of stay and at the place of residence within the Russian Federation, or to the territorial bodies of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation for registration at the place of stay or at the place of residence with a statement drawn up in accordance with the established form and submit a documents stipulated by the Russian Federation. The direction of the application and these documents by post or in electronic form using public information and telecommunications networks, including the Internet, including a single portal of state and municipal services, is not allowed”;
- b) add the following subparagraph “a.1”:
“a.1) the person responsible for receiving and transferring to the registration authority documents for registration and removal from the registration of citizens of the Russian Federation at the place of stay and at the place of residence within the Russian Federation, not later than one day following the day of the application of the citizen of the Russian Federation, is obliged to transfer the application and the documents stipulated by the legislation of the Russian Federation to the territorial body of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation; “;
- c) in subparagraph “b” the words “on the day of circulation at submission” shall be replaced by the words “on the day of receipt”;
- d) the sub-item “c” is declared invalid;
- e) the subparagraph “d” shall be reworded as follows:
“d) registration and withdrawal of citizens of the Russian Federation from registration at the place of temporary stay (hotel, sanatorium, rest home, boarding house, camping, tourist base, medical organization or other similar organization) shall be made in accordance with the procedure established by the legislation of the Russian Federation;”
- e) the subparagraph “e” shall be reworded as follows:
- e) for the placement of a foreign citizenor stateless person who has arrived for temporary stay, the receiving party is registered at the place of stay, and in the cases provided for in Parts 3and 1 of Article 22 of theFederal Law of July 18, 2006 No. 109-FZ “On migration registration of foreign citizens and stateless persons in the Russian Federation, “a foreign citizen or a stateless personmust, within three daysfrom the date of arrival at the place of stay, submit to the relevant territorial body of the Ministry of Internal Affairs. Russian Federation or the multifunctional centre of state and municipal services documents stipulated by the Russian Federation direction of these documents by post is not permitted by law; “;
- g) add the following subparagraph “d.1” as follows:
“d.1) for the registration of a foreign citizen or stateless person who arrived for temporary or permanent residence, at the place of residence such a citizen or a stateless person must submit to the appropriate territorial body of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation within three days from the date of arrival to the place of residence Federation or multifunctional centre providing state and municipal services documents provided for by the legislation of the Russian Federation; “;
- h) add the sub-clause “d.2” as follows:
“2) notification of the arrival of a foreign citizen or stateless person to a hotel or other organization that provides hotel services, a sanatorium, a rest home, a boarding house, a children’s health camp, a tourist base, a camping site, a medical organization that provides medical assistance in stationary conditions, or the organization of social services that provide social services in a fixed form, including to persons without a fixed place of residence, is carried out within one day following the day of their arrival at a specified place of residence, in the manner prescribed by the legislation of the Russian Federation “;
- i) the subparagraph “e” shall be reworded as follows:
“f) the requirements established by subparagraphs” a “-” b “and” d “-” d.2 “of this paragraph shall not apply to citizens of the Russian Federation, foreign citizens and stateless persons who are participants in the World Cup and Confederation Cup , as well as representatives of FIFA, affiliated organizations of FIFA, confederations and national football associations included in the lists of FIFA. ”
- This Decree shall come into force from the date of its signing.
The president of theRussian Federation VLADIMIR PUTIN
May 12, 2018