- This event has passed.
AN EXCLUSIVE ONE-TIME SHOW IN MOSCOW! LYUBOV ZOLOTOVA & THE MINNE SINGERS PRESENT: THE BRITISH IN RUSSIA: FROM DAYS OF YORE TO PRESENT TIMES
November 9 @ 7:00 pm - November 12 @ 9:00 pm
AN EXCLUSIVE ONE-TIME SHOW IN MOSCOW! LYUBOV ZOLOTOVA & THE MINNE SINGERS PRESENT: THE BRITISH IN RUSSIA: FROM DAYS OF YORE, TO PRESENT TIMES
An interactive lecture and concert
Sherlock, football and pubs – is there more to the British heritage in Russia?! On this brand new program, we will take you on a trip through time. You will learn why and when the Brits first came to Russia, and explore their contribution into the Russian culture and society, hear an insightful talk about the history of the British in Russia and why they kept coming here throughout centuries. And of course, you will hearlots and lots of beautiful English and Scottish musicperformed by our band!
You will find out:
- Why Ivan the Terrible proposed to Queen Elizabeth I
- Why Peter the Great loved Scots
- What the great British artist, James Whistler, had to do with the Russian railway
- When and where football was first played in Russia
- What Queen Elizabeth II asked President Yeltsin in 1994… and much much more!!
Where & When: St. Andrews Church(Vosznesenksi pereulok 8), Friday November 9, 19.00
Registration and tickets: at the door or online https://english-marathon.timepad.ru/event/790664/
American Culture Center (ВГБИЛ)